We take your privacy very seriously, please read our policy before using our site.
Policy effective of 23rd September 2009.
mobilitypitstop.com knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we
appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This notice describes the
are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by mobilitypitstop.com (and .co.uk) is
controlled primarily by mobilitypitstop.com, the data controllers.
What Personal Information is Gathered?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your
shopping experience at mobilitypitstop. We use the information to handle orders, deliver
products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services
and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display
content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that
might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform,
prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical,
logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather;
- Information You Give Us: You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Financial Information: We do not store any financial, credit card or banking information on our system.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses mobilitypitstop.co.uk. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at mobilitypitstop.co.uk if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from mobilitypitstop.co.uk if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your
Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such
as purchasing and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser
from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie
and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data
used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting
of mobilitypitstop's essential features, we recommend that you leave them turned on. For instance,
if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your
Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any mobilitypitstop products and services that require
you to Login.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared
Does mobilitypitstop share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of
selling it to others. mobilitypitstop shares customer information only as described below and with
the subsidiaries which mobilitypitstop, controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow
practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers; We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions
on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and
e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing
assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing
credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information
needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must
process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted
by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores,
subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one
of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing
Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event
that mobilitypitstop or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course
be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of mobilitypitstop and Others: We release account and other personal information
when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions
of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of mobilitypitstop.co.uk, our
users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations
for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling,
renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for
commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information
about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the
course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred
in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How secure is information about me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets
Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your
computer. Be sure to logout when you finish using a shared computer.